Saturday, May 4, 2013

Final Product

I also have it uploaded to vimeo, it was just taking longer to load. I ended up using the version from Bioshock because it was a different tone and I liked everything about it, really.
If I had more time, I probably would have filmed it a couple more hundreds times, I was having issues with positions, and even just flipping the papers sometimes, it was truly frustrating and I learned that you should also allot more time for filming than you think.
I had to change a few things, I took some images out and changed the phrases a little bit so they still made sense, because I wanted it to be shorter to fit just those first two verses of the song.
Overall I mostly liked how it turned out, I had to change where the song started so that it would end when I wanted it to, and if I had more time I probably would have experimented more with the lighting again.
I originally just had this done in windows movie maker, because I have a PC and I didn't feel the need to use a fancy program because all I really did was mute the audio track that was with the video and added a song, but then my computer died, sadly, Palmer had to tell me the bad news.
So to the library I went where I had to put it together again in iMovie, another...high tech...program.
I would really like to continue photographing abandoned places, just where ever I end up through travels and hopefully by my senior year I can come up with an angle on it to use it has my senior thesis.
I had a lot of fun with this project, and I feel like I've learned many things about stuff I didn't really know before, like filming, and the amount of takes it takes, and having to adjust your plans when something isn't there anymore. I also learned to always back up your files, because you never know when your hard drive can just crash apparently.


vimeo link
http://vimeo.com/65466967

No comments:

Post a Comment