Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Group Project proposal

I really enjoy abandoned buildings, the beauty of something worn down and the idea that there used to be something there, something living. Whether it had been a family's home, an old train station, or an old subway. Then how it becomes a creepy place, where graffiti over takes the distressed wall.
I think it would be interesting to create scene in an abandoned space as if it had never been worn down. The message being how things that were once used can easily be abandoned and how nature takes over.
I really like this example
http://vivecakohphotography.photoshelter.com/
here are some of my favorites



http://www.lorinix.net

I really like this artist too, but she makes her scene entirely, I want to mix using real world abandoned places and creating a scene ourselves
lori nix miniature abandoned spaces Miniature Urbex – The Amazing Work of Lori Nix

Forgottenohio.com gives great sites for this too

As far as roles go, I don't nessecarily want to be the director, if someone really likes my idea and wants to run with it, I'm okay with that
flow chart
















4 comments:

  1. I think that your idea is great, however I would like to hear more about what exactly you plan to do in the project. I understand you will be bringing abandoned homes 'to life' but in what way? Will you be utilizing actors or models or are you leaning towards placing newer objects in the old homes?
    Other than that, it sounds like a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested to know what moods you would bring into the space, how you would relate them to the space scouted, or how it contrasts with the space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool- I love abandoned buildings as well. Just being in a place where I may not supposed to be always gives me a bit of thrill. What exactly would you be creating a scene of? Would you use models, props, set manipulation? Is this a film, photo project, painting? Your idea is neat and I would like to hear more once you build it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like this idea, but how would we gain access to these abandoned buildings? I think more details about what the final would look like would be nice as well.

    ReplyDelete