Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ice cream truck

In the spirit of not waiting until Monday night I have started progress immediately, I looked at many pictures of ice cream trucks and tried to pick iconic easily recognizable things for my 8 slots
I will probably do more refining to my truck as the week goes on, but this is what I came up with tonight
I'm not sure how I feel about the topper or if I should show more of the creature serving the ice cream or if he should be driving away, it's still up in the air
I'll probably ad more to the front of the truck and add more detail in the window

Through this project I've really been learning a lot about illustrator, starting with nothing there was really no where to go but up. In this one in particular I started to use both line tool and free hand because I thought the lines would make it look more like a structured truck instead of the "straight" line I could draw. In my painting and color theory class we've been using illustrator a lot too and one of my biggest weaknesses is the pen tool, not sure why, just doesn't make sense to me, but I'm trying to incorporate that more to better understand.



No comments:

Post a Comment