Monday, March 25, 2013

Project update

Unfortunately I did not bring my camera with me because I knew there would be enough documentation of everything and assumed I would only be in the way, however I now have no pictures to post of my blog!

I emailed the documentation crew and none of them have gotten back to me as of now, but I will be sure to post them if I get them in before 8 am


I learned a lot from the just hour I was working with Naomi, I applied pieces, which were very stubborn and would not stick with the adhesive she was using, so I built up the edges with liquid latex and then had to run back to my dorm for a hair drier because it refused to dry. Many obstacles had to be overcome in the short hour we had to apply make up. 

Between 2 bite marks, a pale old zombie and a bucket of blood, I think the zombies turned out pretty well and hope they look great on film
I know we need to shoot another day, but not sure if there needs to be a make up day, guess we'll figure that out tomorrow!

If make up is over, now I just get to help out anyone on my team that needs it.


Overall I've really enjoyed the first part of this project, I got to experiment with a lot of make up stuff I hadn't before and feel I learned significantly from it, I would like to explore make-up effects more, even if just as a hobby, I enjoy the goriness of it all and learning how to manipulate the latex, and other household items into something else entirely. I hope to be able to expand on this knowledge and hopefully at least have some fun on Halloween!'

Update: still no email, or even any pictures on the group blog for me to steal, so I will ask for them in person tomorrow, and put them up asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment