Sunday, April 7, 2013

Student Choice Project

Project: None of this is Permanent 

I want to kind of build off my group project proposal and I'm considering making a picture book of sorts. I remember watching a documentary series in high school called "Life After People" 
 It was so fascinating, the idea that if humans were to disappear instantly, although our things would stand for a while, they too would deteriorate and only nature would come to prosper.
So that's kind of what I want to build off of.
I'm thinking I can make a book, starting off with a thriving city, much like Columbus and create a narrative to follow the deterioration of the city after humans.
I don't think I want to Photoshop places to be taken over by nature, like in the show, but rather just show other places that have been worn down and abandoned.
I want to get the point across that sometimes we all take things a little too seriously, hold our possessions a little too close, and just need to let go sometimes. I don't want any models, just nature and buildings.
This link to stunningly beautiful abandoned places
http://imgur.com/a/D9iDC

I just love this idea that some of these places were important, and were filled with many people, and now they're nothing but an old building taking up space, a simple reminder of what was.
Now, making this book, its not exactly going to have a happy fun tone, nor will there be a happy ending. So I'm not sure how I want it to come across.
I have a projected schedule on Google calender

No comments:

Post a Comment