Thursday, April 11, 2013

Weekend Update

In hopes I'm not getting too ambitious, I want to try and make a video of flipping through my book or even just my images and text if I don't get the chance to get my book printed. The reason I want to make a video is that I think adding music to it would really add to the effect of the images.
So originally I was going to use "Little boxes", the theme song from weeds, with these lyrics
Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes made of ticky-tacky,
Little boxes, little boxes,
Little boxes, all the same.
There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one
And they're all made out of ticky-tacky
And they all look just the same.

And the people in the houses
All go to the university,
And they all get put in boxes,
Little boxes, all the same.
And there's doctors and there's lawyers
And business executives,
And they're all made out of ticky-tacky
And they all look just the same.



But when suggesting this to Tyler, who would sing the song for me, he suggested a song from Bioshock: Infinite called "Will the Circle be Unbroken" and I think the lyrics could also work with my message.

You can picture happy gatherings
Round the fireside long ago,
And you think of tearful partings,
When they left you here below

Will the circle be unbroken
by and by, by and by?
In a better home awaiting
In the sky, in the sky?




I feel like they're both completely different and they both work really well so I'm still undecided.

I drew up some sketches for what I want to do, I have a lot of the images planned out and most of the words. I'm going shooting this weekend if the weather picks up and images will be uploaded before Tuesday, as well as maybe some sound clips of Tyler singing. I'm going to a few cemeteries that I found online as well as some abandoned buildings, hopefully I can get some good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment